MVP Sports Physicals
Every young athlete is an MVP to us at Excell for Life. However, we are seeing more and more collegiate, travel, and extreme (marathon runners, multi-sport players, etc) sports athletes here in the office. Please call for pricing and schedule your child at Excell for Life for either an MVP Comprehensive Sports Physical or our standard Excell (includes functional medicine expertise) Sports Physical for recreational sports participants.
Why Sports Physicals Are So Important?
Did you know that sudden cardiac arrest affects as many as 250,000 Americans annually?! Many of whom are in good health, active, and children or young adults participating in sports. The precise cause can be multifaceted (such as family history, genetics, or underlying cardiac disease).
In addition to cardiac concerns, there have been increasing concerns about muscle and ligament injuries in young athletes. About a third of young athletes playing sports like soccer, tennis, and football will sustain an ACL tear or strain. Many of these injuries can be identified early or prevented with proper education about your health and body and the right medical care. That’s why we offer:
The MVP Comprehensive Sports Physical
At Excell for Life, we offer a once-a-year comprehensive sports physical that includes more than the basic sports assessment in order to address these growing concerns in our serious athletes.
WHO would benefit from the MVP Comprehensive Sports Physical?
- Active teens and pre-teens
- Young adults and college athletes
- ANYONE with a family history of sudden cardiac death
WHAT does the evaluation offer?
- 45 minutes visit
- Extensive 300-point examination
- Lab testing to evaluate ways to optimize physical health
- Pulmonary functioning evaluation using spirometry and peak flow
WHY does my young athlete need this evaluation:
- Although your child may be in peak physical condition on the outside, a further, more extensive look at their overall health may provide information as to their risk of injury and sudden cardiac death.
Let us help you make this the best sports year yet!
Book an Appointment Today with Dr. Tara! Come in or call 317.660.0888. We look forward to serving our young athletes in order to reach their optimum health goals!