Cancer Prevention 2
OTHER GENERAL NOTES FROM EXCELL PROVIDERS WITH CURRENT RESEARCH IN PREVENTION OR WHEN DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER
For the top 11 tips for preventing cancer, read the first article Cancer Prevention.
HABITS – Exercise regularly, maintain blood pressure, don’t smoke, get good sleep, wash hands frequently. Get regular medical screenings. Smokers should get a chest x-ray yearly. Keep biomarkers at a healthy level: BMI (24-26) and waist to hip (want 1.3) ratio.
Keep in mind that even if you’re exercising and not losing weight, continue as it improves your mitochondrial function, insulin sensitivity, liver function, decreases your cancer risk.
DIET – Eat diet high in fruits, veggies, whole grains and low in saturated fat. Eat low or no sugar feeds cancer first. Minimal to no animal protein in your diet slows down cancer growth as well. Also, phytonutrients protect from chronic disease.
Healthy diet including foods high in:
- Vitamin C – Helps to repair and regenerate tissues.
- Vitamin E – Antioxidant fights off infection.
- B6 – Supports adrenal function.
- Vitamin A – Aids immune function and helps provide barrier against infections.
- Vitamin D- modulates cell growth, promotes neuromuscular and immune function and reduces inflammation. Can also halt tumor growth.
- Folate – Develops red blood cells.
- Iron – Helps your body carry oxygen to cells.
- Selenium – Slows the body’s overactive responses to certain aggressive forms of cancer.
- Zinc – Slows the immune response and control inflammation in your body.
Curcumin 4 g in smoothies decreases cancer risk. Pomegranate 3.5 tbsp per day, strawberries, red berries, veggies, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, water cress, and bok choy. Can use green tea extract (EGCG) and drink teas for inflammation and cancer prevention. Oral dose is 200 mg 3x/day. High dose can cause nausea. Steep 3-5 minutes to extract the EGCG.
Need coq10 (co-enzyme Q10) for ATP synthesis. A healthy diet in CoQ10 increase in phytonutrients dense diet. This is something we should all be checking and supplementing! It may take 6 months for patients to feel a difference of being on this. After age 40 the body’s need for coq10 increases. This is very important with antiaging because it is restores the mitochondria. Also helps with cancer suppression, increases energy, lean muscle, decreases fat, and increases life span!
Probiotics: The right probiotic rotation improves immune function, improves lactose tolerance, controls IBS, IBD, helps prevent food allergies in infants, reduces colon cancer, improves metabolic effects, and lowers cholesterol.
Chemopreventative phytonutrients: polyphenols eat organic, NAC, resveratrol, sulforaphane, i3c, DIM
NFKB regulates more than 400 genes in inflammation and metastasis. Inhibitors: ALA (alpha lipoic acid), garlic, rosemary, curcumin, flavonoids (quercetin), folic acid, melatonin, DHEA, NAC, DMSO, C, B6, E
Reishi mushrooms good anticancer effect & astragalus membranaceus dose 500-3000 mg daily. Enhance vitality for general weakness, chronic illness. … Uva Ursi creases number of bone marrow stem cells. Decreases side effects from cancer chemotherapy and helpful for leukopenia 10-30 g daily
Low Dose Naltrexone work up to 4.5mg/night to significantly boost immune system.
- LDN has been used to aid in treatment of breast cancer, bladder cancer, colorectal cancers, carcinoid tumors, glioblastoma, liver cancer, lung cancer (esp non-small cell), leukemia, lymphoma, melanoma, myeloma, neuroblastoma, ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, renal cell cancer, throat cancer, thyroid cancer, and uterine cancer.
- LDN can be taken along with chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Some patients treated with LDN were deemed terminal with little time left and are still alive doing well years later.
- Studies show LDN increases the number and density of opiate receptors on tumor cell membranes, making them more responsive to the growth-inhibiting effects of endorphins and also increases the amount of cytotoxic T cells, Natural Killer Cells, and both of their activities. A study on ovarian cancer found that LDN reduced DNA synthesis, blood vessel development, and cell replication, and increased the production of opioid growth factor which inhibits ovarian cancer cell growth.
CANCER SPECIFIC CARE:
Colon Cancer: berries 60 g/day, green tea, flavonol 30 mg/day, curcumin, pomegranate, increase exercise, reduce red meat, alcohol, an no tobacco, & evidence that folate-b6-b12 lower risk by 75%!
Prostate Cancer: lycopene, pomegranate, lignans; Prostate cancer rates were lower in men of 1 ounce of flaxseed per day.
Breast Cancer prevention/treatment for those with family history regardless of BRCA (only 5-10%), sporadic is 70-80%. Cardometabolic food plan (anti-inflammatory, low glycemic, phytonutrient). The lower the SHBG the higher the BC risk. Whole food, mostly plant based, supplements, estrogen detoxification, biotransformation/elimination, movement, stress management, reduce toxic burden. Also, 3 or more cups/day green tea, quercetin, luteolin, resveratrol, Mediterranean diet, organosulfar cruciferous veggies, garlic, exercise, good estrogen ratio. Young w women triple negative breast cancer. Look at insulin and testosterone levels. Find the inflammation.
Insulin resistance drives breast/ovarian/endometrial CA: nondiabetic women with insulin resistance have higher risk. Risk with obesity and inflammation… Indole-3-carbinol found in cruciferous veggies increase the protective 2-OH estrogens. May help in the prevention and treatment of estrogen-related cancers and has been found to reverse cervical dysplasia;
Recommendations from a specialist who uses Metagenics products:
We do sell Metagenics products, however these specific products are optimal for cancer patients. We can special order them when one of our providers has seen you and recommended them.
Celapro – 6/day support for healthy cells (combines lycopene with green tea extract, curcumin from turmeric, & D-limonene from citrus peel oil to give a highly concentrated blend of tissue-protective phytonutrients (#60/bottle)
Ultra Flora Spectrum – 2-4/day wide spectrum probiotic (7 strains with sach boull, #30/bottle)
PhytoMulti – 2-4/day MVI rich in beneficial phytonutrients (including choline, lutein, inositol, zeaxanthin, resveratrol, lycopene), vitamins & minerals (#60/bottle)
Vitamin D3 5000 – 2 per day
Ultra Potent C powder – 2 teaspoons/day if bowels can handle it (1/4tsp=1000mg vitamin C), much better Vitamin C that has 20-25% more uptake in white blood cells (WBC) & promotes better WBC function, including natural killer cells.
Inflavanoid Intensive Care – 6/day with curcumin, fenugreek, boswellia & ginger extracts to boost immune response (#120/bottle)
Phytoganix – 2 teaspoons/day, to support intestinal health & immune function, with 20+ whole foods in each serving (organic fruits & veggies, flaxseed, chia, quinoa sprouts, herbs, plant enzymes, pre and probiotics)
Expensive protocol, but well worth it. I have a friend doing this whose mother has colon cancer which affected the liver. Recently her cancer numbers went down from 49 to 7, and she’s not doing any traditional cancer treatment!