Great Alcohol & Liver Detox! / Anesthesia Recovery
Here are safe, effective ways to prepare for and recover from celebration weekends (wedding receptions and other events when any extra alcohol is consumed) or anesthesia. Also, use this as a liver detox and recharge from toxin exposure or multiple medicine use. For anesthesia, start 1-2 weeks before anesthesia and continue 2-4 weeks after.
Any anesthesia can leave you feeling dizzy, weak, feverish, or disoriented (brain fog) for days, weeks, or months. You metabolize medicine less effectively as you age, so anesthesia increases risk of mental dysfunction & memory loss. This affects as many as 40% of patients over age 65 for 1 to 3 months (and some for over 6 months) after surgery!
Use these tips to get back to normal quickly and minimize after effects of anesthesia and help your liver detoxify!
Water – Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily (½ of your weight in ounces/day). You cannot wait until you are thirsty – then you are already a little dehydrated! Lack of water makes it very difficult for your body to eliminate toxins.
High Fiber Anesthesia Recovery Diet – Avoid alcohol, saturated fats (including meat & dairy) and refined sugar because they increase risk for slow bile movement (needed for our body to eliminate fat-soluble toxins like anesthetics). A diet high in fiber promotes bile secretion. Eat cruciferous vegetables which contain compounds that aid in detoxification – broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, kale. Cinnamon, turmeric, garlic, onions, and egg yolks also aid in detoxification.
Supplement with a lipotrophic agent (promotes flow of fat and bile to and from the liver):
Core Support available in Vanilla or Chocolate (or GHI Opticleanse) anti-inflammatory medical food 1-2 scoops/day (in water, coconut milk, or smoothie) – try to get in 1 week before surgery and continue for 2-4 weeks after surgery. This contains many things to help the liver in detox and to help increase antioxidant glutathione levels (which protect your liver cells). You may continue this daily as an excellent clean healing meal replacement support.
Core Support Features:
- Macronutrients & Phytonutrients that Support Liver & Xenoestrogens Detoxification
- Supports Healthy Estrogen Metabolism & GI Health
- Increases Antioxidant Protection and Glutathione Production
Supplement with Phase 1 & 2 liver detox support:
- PhytoCore capsules (containing milk thistle and major components to aid in liver detox) 2-3 capsules twice daily (try to get in 1 week before surgery) for at least 2-4 weeks after surgery (use up bottle). PLUS take our great MVI Alphabase 2-4 twice daily. Together, these support all phase 1 & phase 2 liver detox mechanisms!
- Milk thistle itself can increase glutathione by up to 35% (if just taking milk thistle, then 70mg 3 times/day, and do not take if you have hormone related cancer or are allergic to ragweed).
- Alphabase Multivitamins (Alpha Base with Iron or Alpha Base without Iron): Complete antioxidant vitamin & mineral multi-vitamin, facilitates detoxification in liver (vitamin C, ALL the B vitamins with B -12 and active folate, vitamin E, zinc, magnesium, and selenium.)
Intenzyme Forte proteolytic enzyme (1-3 tablets on empty stomach up to 3x/day):
- Decreases inflammation following surgery, injury, hard workouts, travel, arthritis, leg swelling & edema, inflammation marker, & aids in digestive health (athletes using day before, during, & after report a 50% reduction in soreness).
For regular liver & toxin detox, energy support, or if you are on multiple medicines: Core Support 1-2 scoops daily, PhytoCore 2-3 capsules once or twice daily, Alphabase (or Mitocore) MVI 2-4 capsules once or twice daily.
Extra Detox Measures: Epson salt baths, green tea, Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar (1 T 2-3x/day – can add to ½ Emergen C in little water & drink from a straw, then drink a full glass of water afterwards), Emergen-C, Infrared sauna.