Heal Your Gut – Step 2. Replace
Healing Your Gut with the 5-R’s!
REPLACE: replace digestive secretions, support digestive enzymes, stomach hydrochloric acid, and bile acids (those especially at risk are gallbladder disorders/removal, and digestive enzymes decrease as we age), and make sure to work to chew each bite 20 times (this naturally increases digestive enzymes). Keep in mind…
* Ortho Digestzyme – 2 capsules before every meal. This is our well rounded mild potency enzyme, supports elastase, hydrochloric acid, and bile acid. Best for the patient who needs some mild well rounded digestive support or those who have minimal digestive symptoms but you are working through the 5-Rs for leaky gut!
* Beta TCP 1-2 tabs w/meals. For those with a gallbladder but signs of bile flow issues/gallbladder dysfunction.
* Beta Plus 1-2 tabs w/meals. For everyone without a gallbladder!
* Metagest 1-2 (or more) tabs w/meals. For people with low stomach acid levels, and when you need to recover/wean from PPIs (like Prilosec & Nexium).
* Hydro-Zyme 2 tabs w/meals. Another option for those who need both hydrochloric acid and pancreatic elastase support.
* Spectrazyme Gluten Digest 1-2 capsule w/gluten containing meals/gluten exposure, and great to take when traveling or going to homes that are not gluten free
* Digestzyme V – 1-2 w/meals. well rounded digestive enzyme support, but NO hydrochloric acid – use in patients who don’t need the betain HCL.
* Pancreatin – 1-2 or more w/ meals. For patients who have low pancreatic elastase, much cheaper then Creon for the pancreatic insufficiency patient!