Natural Cold & Flu Prevention & Treatment 2018
Excell for Life Daily Supplements to Take Year Round:
(The following products are always a good idea!) We recommend you take double the amount of these products during weeks of sickness or exposure to illness.
- Ortho Biotic (our highest recommended probiotic)
- Orthomega (BEST anti-inflammatory: high-purity fish oil)
- Vitamin D (many in Indiana are vitamin D deficient even during summer!)
- Vitamin C 1 – 10,000 iu/day (to bowel tolerance) Vitamin C is very helpful for energy, detox, cough/cold symptoms!
Immune System Boosters Fight Cold, Flu, and Other Viruses
- Echinacea Synergy OR Viracid: Top Recommended by Lisa as soon as symptoms appear in you or your loved ones! Dosage: Echinacea Synergy (one capsule 2-3x/daily) or Viracid (2 caps daily)
- N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC): The Super Antioxidant (1-2 once to 3x/day) – to prevent cold/flu or treat sinus/airway congestion
- Argentyn Bio-Active Liquid Silver: Anti-Viral, Anti-Bacterial (1/2 – 1 dropper full under tongue for 20 seconds then swallow 3-4x/day for several days, and can put in Neil Med saline irrigation)
- ADP Oil of Oregano: Great Anti-Viral (2 tablets 2-4x/day for several days)
- IMU-MAX: Boost Children’s Immune System (1 teaspoon 3 times per day)
Acute Care for Cold, FLU, & Other Symptoms
- Viracid Blister: Elderberry for Flu (1-2 caps per hour or 2 caps a day until 12 pack is gone)
- Natranix: Natural Cough Syrup (Children 1 yr. & older: 1-2 teaspoons 3-4x/day; Adults: 1 tablespoon 3-4x/day or as directed)
- ProBiommune: Strep Throat Treatment & Prevention (1-2 lozenge 1-3x/day) – great to prevent strep/sinus/ear/throat infections
- ACS Nasal Spray: Nose & Ear Congestion & Eye Symptoms Can be used 1-2 sprays up to 3 times daily with no side effects. Colloidal silver fights viral and bacterial infections. This nasal spray is a new favorite here at Excell. Brandy uses this even before she goes on a plane!
Allergy Triggered Illness
Other Tips for Allergy Symptom Care: Thieves essential oil, honey for cough / Vicks Vapor Rub on bottom of feet at nighttime / tea(s) and warm water with Bragg’s organic apple cider vinegar, lemon, honey / or use the Neil Med saline irrigation of nose & sinuses
Healthy Life Habits Support a Healthy Immune System
Prioritize SLEEP 8-9 hours every night. Eat a rainbow of colorful fruits and veggies. Exercise and never sit for more than an hour without getting up for a minute if able! Drink ½ your weight in ounces of water daily!
Drink warm liquids (tea) and keep the back of your neck warm with a scarf are easy ways to stay healthy!