Simplified Dr. Lisa Smoothie!
This is a simplified version of the excellent Dr. Lisa Smoothie! This recipe includes a smaller range of fruits and veggies, and yet has the same health improving, alkalizing effects!
- 2/3 part veggies – Make sure one of the veggies is a darker green veggie (spinach, kale, collard greens)
- 1/3 part fruit
You can choose the vitamin and mineral packed fruits and veggies on the list from Dr. Lisa’s Smoothie recipe or choose your own!
Excellent Dr. Lisa Smoothie Additions:
- 1 tsp. of coconut oil for extra energy
- Add in just enough almond milk or water to have an applesauce consistency.
- 1 or 2 scoops of protein powder is excellent to help build your cell walls. Protein is an important component of every cell in your body. Your body uses protein to build / repair tissues, make hormones, enzymes, and other body chemicals. Protein is the main building block in hair and nails. It is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Be sure you are get the amount required for your age and activity level!
- Try adding 1 tbsp. or 1 more extra fruit to make this sweeter. (Local honey is amazing for those who have seasonal allergies as well!)
Fruit and Veggie Purchasing Tips:
Purchase organic whenever possible. If you can’t find the organic produce you want in the fresh area, try the freezer section. If all else fails, look into the dirty dozen and clean fifteen.
When Organic Fruits and Veggies Are Unavailable:
Do your best to avoid buying non-organic that are listed in the EWG’s dirty dozen. Instead try to get fruit and veggies from the clean fifteen. Both lists change from year to year depending on which pesticides they use in the fields that year. Please wash all fruits and veggies well.