Zucchini Gluten Free Casserole
(You can make this with chicken or vegetarian.) Recipe from Aunt Rita
*Time Saving Tip* – I often make a double recipe and freeze individual portions. Great also to make as a meal blessing for someone!
- ½ cup organic butter
- 1 small to medium white and red onion, diced
- 1-2 cups shredded carrots
- 6 – 8 cups zucchini (I mix zucchini and yellow squash for added nutrients)
- Several stalks celery, diced
Sauté together until tender (about 20 minutes).
In large bowl mix…
- 2 cup chicken pieces of desired sautéed vegetables (above)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of GF celery soup (I get from Amazon.com) or GF cream of chicken soup (can get in most grocery stores)
- 1 package dry GF herbed stuffing mix, 8-10 ounces (I use Aleia’s Savory GF Stuffing from Amazon.com)
Put in greased 9×13 baking dish and can top with Parmesan or Romano (or mix) cheese if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes. Enjoy!!!