New & Expecting Mothers: 30 Handy Uses for Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil can help improve insulin levels! This is great to know if you’ve had any struggles with gestational diabetes or insulin resistance.
- It can prevent stretch marks during pregnancy (use after every shower if possible).
- Internally during pregnancy to help provide baby necessary fats for development.
- It can help reduce appearance of varicose veins.
- To get rid of cradle cap on baby (Simply massage into baby’s scalp, let sit for a few minutes, and then gently rinse away with warm water and soft cloth)
- Adding it to foods or warm drinks daily gives you natural energy (ask me or your health care provider about how much is best for you.) It is high lauric acid and MCFA content helps boost metabolism which can help with postpartum fatigue!
- Ingesting coconut oil daily can help with allergy symptoms
- Ingesting coconut oil daily can increase mental alertness
- It is naturally SPF 4 so is an excellent base ingredient for homemade sunscreen
- You can use in on the perineum to help heal after birth.
- In place of Lanolin cream on nursing nipples to sooth irritation (also great for baby!)
- It is GREAT as a completely natural baby lotion and can even help sooth skin with eczema.
- It can boost circulation and help those who often feel cold – which could help baby too!
- Nursing moms often take 1-3 tablespoons throughout day (and Vitamin D) to increase milk supply and nutrients.
- Topically to kill yeast or yeast infections
- It can be used as a natural personal lubricant that won’t disturb vaginal flora.
- When used consistently on skin it can help get rid of cellulite, if you have much of this – also read my article on dry brushing!
- Mix with salt to remove dry skin on feet
- Can help improve sleep when taken daily.
- Can help speed weight loss when consumed daily.
- It has been shown to increase absorption of calcium and magnesium.
- It can be taken internally as part of the protocol to help remineralize teeth.
- Some evidence shows that the beneficial fats in coconut oil can help with depression and anxiety that sometimes come with the stresses of motherhood!
- It can be mixed with catnip, rosemary, or mint essential oils as a natural bug repellent.
- Many use it as an anti-aging facial moisturizer.
- When taken regularly, it can boost healthy hormone production.
- Can relieve the pain of hemorrhoids when used topically
- On cuticles to help nails grow
- Rub into elbows daily to help alleviate dry, flaky elbows
- In natural homemade diaper cream it is a cloth diaper safe diaper cream (just rub on baby’s bottom)
You may also like...
Please note that the comments you leave below will be seen by other readers of this blog post.
Your personal experiences and testimonies really can benefit / encourage others overcoming similar health conditions as yourself. We greatly value your privacy and if you have a question or comment regarding your own personal health that you wish to remain private, please do not use this comment form below to submit (and share publicly) those matters you wish to remain between you and your healthcare professional alone.