Easy Tips to Start Eating Healthier, Organic Foods
There is a lot of information about excessive toxic exposures in our foods – especially hormones and antibiotics in milk and dairy and meat products. The animals are being horribly treated to produce a more abundant, cheaper product.
My patient Karen told me about recently published video), pesticides on foods, toxins released from plastics, and GMO’s (genetically modified organisms which change the chemical make-up of the plants we eat). We do have to live, and cannot eliminate all exposures.
What are we to do first?
My husband and I are working on this, and I will continue to inform you of our progress. Below are my initial tips.
1. Drink organic milk, or soy or almond or rice milk. Let your children know why.
2. Drink water and beverages out of stainless steel or glass containers, and work to avoid plastic. Especially with the warm weather, do not drink any beverages out of plastic containers that have been out in the sun and heat (especially in your car, and I will write more about plastic in a later article). DRINK 1/2 OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT IN OUNCES PER DAY AT LEAST TO CLEAR TOXINS!
3. Eat organic range-free non-cloned meats as much as possible, and add some protein sources like tofu.
4. If you do not eat fish, work to make yourself and children eat fish at least once a week (and best grown in the U.S. which has more controls on toxin exposure).
5. Try to buy certified organic vegetables and fruits, and avoid the ones I wrote about in my recent blog on pesticides in foods. We just started ordering from www.farmfreshdelivery.com, so I will let you know how this goes (many of my patients love this).